Our Bassett Design Consultants are responsible for building meaningful and long-term customer relationships. They have comprehensive knowledge ranging from furniture construction to design trends. They use “relationship selling” techniques through interior design consultations and makeovers to maximize selling opportunities. Our design consultants take joy in the design process!
- Passion for design
- Highly driven to meet or exceed sales goals
- Discern and coordinate colors and textures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly outgoing personality
- Positive outlook
- Self-motivated to clientele
- Computer proficiency
- Desire to learn
- Proven track record of success in sales
- Polished image
- Career-minded professionalism
- Ability to listen and translate customer wants into design choices
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Desire to work in a commissioned sales environment.
- Dedicated to being a supportive team member.
- Capable of thriving in a varied paced retail environment.
- Ability to drive to customers’ residences and businesses for makeovers.
- Creating, presenting, and selling product and design solutions.
- Engaging customers to determine their needs according to taste, lifestyle, and investment range.
The Bassett Brand is brought to life by the people who shape the customers’ experience. Our training programs are designed to help each associate create a meaningful career at Bassett.
As part of our in-depth training program, you’ll learn: product knowledge, sales techniques, design skills, and how to build a base of loyal clients. You’ll do this though comprehensive on-line classes, videos, hands-on activities, and one-on-one coaching. We provide continuing opportunities to learn throughout your career at Bassett.
Our most successful sales people have a creative personality and passion for design. Bassett offers Interior Design certification training. Through our one-on-one coaching and educational development, we will help you build relationships with customers to help them reflect their own personal sense of style. We’ll also show you how to effectively use our complimentary design service as a powerful tool for developing customer relationships and providing opportunity for increased sales.
With our hourly plus generous commission compensation plan, your income is limited only by the amount of effort you apply. In addition to your commission compensation, there are other bonus opportunities. The potential income ranging from our experienced Bassett Design Consultants to our top writers, is $45,000-$120,000/year.
- Paid training
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long and short-term disability
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Work in a State-of-the Art Showroom
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
Bassett San Diego is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.